Sunday, December 16, 2012

Fabric Buckets and Monday Link Up


I love having these fabric buckets around.  They are great to have in the baby's room, the girls' room, and even the family room!


I made this one basically the exact same way I made the quilted patchwork totes but I added in a layer of cotton duck (using this method from Oh Fransson!) and added short handles on the sides of the bucket.  It was a lot of layers to sew through (especially at the side seams so watch out!) but it did result in a sturdy bucket that stands on its own.


Plum and June

Your turn!  What have you been sewing lately?  Link up a recent sewing post and please, at the very least, visit the two links above yours. I would also recommend visiting back anyone who visits you. And, it would be great if you could either add the link up button (there is a code on my sidebar) or a text link in your post or on your blog.  And when the link tool asks for your name, write the name of a favorite holiday movie.


15 comments:

  1. Love that bucket, thanks for sharing it round!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those buckets! I desperately need one to hold all my girls' hair ties and clips. We have gone through two of those cardboard shoebox holders but the sides keep ripping after a few months. A fabric bucket would be the perfect solution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that fabric basket! The fabric choices make me want to come raid your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth it is gorgeous! I love your style - and agree with Susan on the stash raiding ;o)
    I'd love to know a bit more about cotton duck - I'm planning a bag that requires some and I've never heard of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fabrics baskets are fabulous - love all of the pretty fabrics you used in them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your fabric basket - great fabric choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cute! I just love buckets to store things in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They do come in handy, don't they? Love the fabric you used!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this bucket. It it gorgous and so handy. I have had on my to do list to make a few to organize my sewing room (probably next year). Beautiful fabrics as always.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these, made a few as presents but I'm sure that I could use more for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These fabric buckets are sew cute ... and look very useful. I am going to have to add a few of these to my quilty to do list ... sew many patterns ... sew little time! Thanks for running the Monday Morning Link-Up ... :-) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kirsten: your link in the link up goes to Plum and June ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!